Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reflecting on and off...

I've been thinking about a lot of things recently. I need a new job. The current one is fine except I'm on my feet all day and it's getting just a little too painful lately. It's also getting too repetitive. I'm finding that I'm letting myself slide on what I already know and not as enthusiastic as I once was to learn the new stuff.

It's been almost two years since I bought my house and I'm still not done doing all the things I want to to it, of course I probably never will be, that's one of the things with owning a house. I do need to get the walks done before winter.

I want to blog, mostly about books and movies and food, but also about my house and how and what I do to make it more HOME than house. Oh, a couple of ideas for organizing your home:

  • An over the door pocket organizer (usually used for shoes) is great on the inside of a pantry door or maybe even a kitchen door. It is great for holding can openers and other tools or pouches of various mixes (Kool Aid, salad dressing, et cetera), bags of nuts, chocolate chips and other food items in bags or small boxes. Get one with clear pockets so you can see the contents.
  • It the same vein a hanging jewelry organizer is good for keeping small computer/electronic or even personal items sorted and organized. Everything from headphones, flash drives, accessories for cameras and cell phones to tools, spare parts & cords, rolls of film, lens filters, et cetera.
Since I got my Motorola Droid I've become addicted to RSS feeds, at the moment I'm subscribed to over 200. Mostly about Android powered devices, Books & Reading, Food & Cooking, Entertainment (TV & Movies) Archaeology and Space. Oh and also Cryptozoology & UFOlogy (sorry, guilty pleasure).

Well, I need to get some sleep so I'll stop for now.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment