Tuesday, October 5, 2010

That's a Spicy Meatball!

Made Spaghetti and Meatballs last night. Hy-Vee had 90% lean ground beef for $2.99 a pound so I purchased 2 pounds. I was just going to brown it all and mix half of it with 8 ounces or so of spaghetti and mix in a jar of spaghetti sauce. I ended up making meatballs, actual ball shaped meatballs. You ask what other shape meatballs would be? Usually when I make 'meatballs' I actually just make a couple of big patties and then cut them into bite-size pieces. It's quick, easy and entails less handling of raw meat. Last night though I went all out and used all 2 pounds of ground beef and made a couple dozen meatballs.

============
Meatballs ala ec

2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
1 pouch (16g) Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 eggs

Dump all the ingredients into a good-sized mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Shape into balls (about 2 tablespoons of meat each). I cooked mine on the stove-top in a frying pan, but you could bake them.
============

Nothing special about the spaghetti or the store bought sauce. I did add about a teaspoon of Tabasco Sauce and a half cup of shredded cheese to the final product.

They are very tasty, but I think I'll go back to the make into patties and cut into chunks method. It's a lot easier.

As for today? It's my 'day off,' so I'm doing yard work, mowing, raking and all that. Also taking stuff that shouldn't be allowed to freeze from the garage to the basement, and stuff from the basement to the garage that'll be unaffected by freezing. I'll also probably clear off the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment